Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weeding Out The Middle Man!!

So i was gonna wait one month to the day to write the next blog but couldn't wait... Yesterday after my softball game(my team won 9-8) I went to taco bell, i ordered a number 6 its what i have gotten for years( im afraid of change) $8.25 the lady said... wow are you kidding me when i was in high school and we used to go there it was $5.30!! I know 3 dollars and im crying!! Am i getting to that age where i can remember that everything used to be cheaper?? Or is it that in the last few years everything has gotten so expensive... That's where the title of this blog comes from... With prices like this pretty soon there will be no middle class.. your either gonna be poor or rich no more middle man!! Does it scare anyone else that in Manhattan they have started taking euro's in store's because the dollar is worth nothing anymore?? What is the cause of this?? I wish i knew how the economy works but i really have no clue so i have no answers for anyone... When i turned 16 and started driving gas was $1.30 and that was only 8 yrs ago!! Tell me if im wrong (and i probably am) can't someone just tell the oil companies that gas is going to be 2 bucks a gallon and tough if you don't like it?? I know we have all heard this a million times... and gas will keep going up and i guess im fine with that.. but when it messes with my taco bell prices that's when i start getting upset!!

7 comments:

huggin said...

I love you and your blog... genius.

Lucky 7s said...

Scary times! I won't even tell you what gas was when I started driving. I've felt for years that there was no more middle class... I'm part of the poor folk now!

Jennikunz said...

see...nothing to feel pressure about. You delivered Ricky!

Rusty and Collette said...

Lucky for you, Rick, your future sister-in-law is an economist. I suggest you read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by Perkins. You can borrow my copy when I am done with it. I do warn that it will make you angry.

Annie said...

"It's the end of the world as we know it....and I feel fine"

whitethunder said...

You are the most angry person I know. I love it. I'm glad Jenni would give me the word about this rant session. And ps, it's softball, who wins 9-8?

whitethunder said...

So now you want the title of best cousin? I just threw it out there because Jenni said something to me, but my quotes don't lie. Best cousins forever, it's just that I haven't talked to you forever, that does not take away from the fact that we ate a lot of hotdogs that were cooked so much it was more like bacon and you'd drink like a gallon of milk a day. Those were good times, too bad you have a life now and can't just hang out. You should never doubt you are #1. School pics don't lie!